You Review Books for a Living

Imagine what it's like to be the book critic for GQ. Now imagine yourself writing these words:

Every year, I read over a hundred books. This means I polish off somewhere between two and three books a week. I'm not saying that to brag (okay, I am), but I really believe that anyone can make time to read. Chances are you wish you read more, since everyone feels this way (except me, I’m amazing). 
Of course you included those parenthetical interruptions in an attempt to be amusing. It's funny to express a high opinion of yourself because bragging is generally considered to be rude and annoying. Now imagine you write the rest of the listicle without including a line like "getting a job as a professional book critic" as a good way to get yourself to read more.

You are Kevin Nguyen. This is what your life is like.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whore of Rhodes

These Bland White Men Are Movie Stars For Some Reason

Somebody is Waiting in the Hallway