Will I Remember To Tell You I Told You...

Amarcord
1973. 123 minutes. Italy. Directed by Federico Fellini. Watchdate: 10/5/2011.
I commence with the consideration of an effect. Of the myriad impressions of which the heart or the intellect or even the soul is susceptible, I feel confident in choosing Amarcord for its vivid effect in these matters. Can Amarcord best be praised for incident or tone – whether its ordinary incidents and peculiar tone, or the converse, or by peculiarity both of incident and tone? Looking about me (or rather within) for such combinations of event, or tone, all aid me in seeing Amarcord as a brilliant string of precious stones. 

PS - This movie contains the ORIGINAL masturbation contest! Eat your heart out, Seinfeld!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whore of Rhodes

These Bland White Men Are Movie Stars For Some Reason

Somebody is Waiting in the Hallway