Unusual Contraption

i think
and my thoughts cross the barrier into
the synapses of the apparatus

it can do such wondrous deeds
for the you and for the me
but what I cannot shake
and what hints at things to come
is that thoughts cross back

in my dreams
the sensations of the apparatus indulge
the libido of my intellect:
dark
rigid
cold
alien

i search for
those lost apparitions of observation, judgment, and punishment
once observed and understood
the warmest bulwark
for the you and for the me

but now instead
as the offspring of knowledge and imagination
a part of a much larger system
i am
assimilated into higher orders of structure and meaning

we have recorded our smiles as
we eavesdrop on our own thoughts
without hearing ourselves listening

we will soon have a God
a real one this time
and we will make it with our own hands


P.S. - Some language in this poem is borrowed. The original sources are Dumbstruck: A Cultural History of Ventriloquism by Steven Connor along with a movie,  I Heart Huckabee's (2004) and two video games: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (Firaxis Games) and Deus Ex (Ion Storm)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whore of Rhodes

These Bland White Men Are Movie Stars For Some Reason

Somebody is Waiting in the Hallway