Defining tranCendenZ

Update: I'm an idiot.
'Immersive' is not a word according to the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary. Wait. I know what you're thinking: but then how do I describe my experience with Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? How do I do that, huh? Luckily, less reputable online dictionaries do define 'immersive' as a word in the following way:
noting or pertaining to digital technology or images that deeply involve one's senses and may create an altered mental state
For some reason, I find it very surprising that it took digital technology to motivate us to come up with the word 'immersive.' Did earlier generations not imagine novels or movies to be immersive experiences? Is there another word out there that I'm forgetting which does the same work as 'immersive'? I would like to know this synonym.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whore of Rhodes

These Bland White Men Are Movie Stars For Some Reason

Somebody is Waiting in the Hallway